La Verne, CA Memory Care: Secure Current and Future Moments
Are you worried about future memory loss for you or a loved one?
You won’t have to rush to find the “best memory care facilities near me” when you reside at Hillcrest. You’ll already have access to the care you or a loved one needs.
Memory support at Hillcrest is here to help. In the Southwoods Lodge, we provide a secure and comforting environment for those with Alzheimer’s and dementia. Our care plans are tailored to meet the unique needs of each individual, and our supervised activities keep them engaged and stimulated.
Numerous assisted living communities and retirement homes have developed unique memory care units for people with Alzheimer’s and mixed dementia. These one-of-a-kind communities concentrate on dignified lifestyles, memory-enhancing therapies, security, and more.
We want you to be confident your loved one is receiving the best care plan possible with Hillcrest retirement community’s memory care. Compassion is at the heart of what we do, and our memory support services are developed to fulfill each patient’s requirements.
What Is Memory Support or Memory Care?
Memory support or memory care is a form of senior living that gives 24-hour specialized care to seniors with all types of dementia.
Why is memory care essential?
Memory care supports seniors with Alzheimer’s and dementia through uniquely trained staff and customized support. This technique helps elders preserve abilities as long as possible while supplying activities that stimulate awareness and enhance their lifestyle.
Advantages of memory support:
- A protected environment to prevent roaming and lessen risk factors
- Open layouts to decrease confusion
- Specially trained staff
- Supportive dementia treatments
- Person-centered dementia care
- Coordinated care with other healthcare suppliers
When Is It Time For Memory Care?
If your loved one is having trouble with activities of daily living (ADLs) like dressing, bathing, and using the restroom, then being in an assisted living community may be the right choice. However, feeling worried about your loved one’s security is a perfect benchmark when deciding on memory care. Here are some concerns to think about:
- Is your elderly loved one leaving burners or home appliances on after cooking?
- Is their pet looked after appropriately?
- Have there been any emergency room visits?
- Does the senior have unexplained bruises they can’t remember getting?
- Are they wandering and getting lost on routes they often take?
- Do they have a problem remembering to drink or eat?
- Are they taking their medication appropriately?
- Are they struggling to bathe regularly or dress?
Contact us if any of these red flags are present.
Assisted Living Versus Alzheimer's Care
Memory care resembles assisted living but provides higher specific care and assistance for those with progressive memory problems.
Memory care communities are designed with residents in mind:
- Clearly identified spaces to reduce confusion.
- Customized apartments or condos.
- Proper lighting and decreased background noise to promote a sense of security and familiarity that helps seniors to feel at home.
- Memory care communities are well-equipped with locked outside doors to prevent wandering, a typical habit among dementia and Alzheimer’s patients.
- Residents’ security is a top priority in senior memory support. These neighborhoods may likewise have keypads at entrances and exits to assist staff in screening who gets in and leaves the building. Many senior care communities have courtyards and gardens to enable homeowners to spend time outdoors without being at risk.
More About Memory Support
Memory support communities offer unique therapies and activities that increase relaxation, minimize agitation, and improve the state of mind. These therapies help senior citizens deal with cognitive decline, decrease agitation or aggressive behaviors, and improve lifestyles.
These might include:
- Occupational therapy
- Music treatment
- Family pet treatment
- Art therapy
Dementia is progressive, implying it intensifies with time and leaves elders unable to live independently. As the disease progresses, symptoms become tough to handle, and long-term care is inevitable for your loved one. We comprehend the physical and emotional tension of providing full-time care for a loved one with sophisticated dementia. Memory care supplies a higher level of looking after your loved one and much-needed assistance for you.
Memory care provides 24-hour care, specifically qualified staff, memory-enhancing activities, and therapies. Meals and housekeeping are offered as well as help with day-to-day living activities, such as bathing, dressing, and toileting.
Memory Support at Hillcrest Retirement Community
Hillcrest’s specialized memory care residence, Southwoods Lodge, is designed to provide supportive, compassionate care to residents with cognitive impairments. In this intimate neighborhood, every component of our memory care program enhances residents’ self-esteem and minimizes the isolation that often accompanies Alzheimer’s disease or dementia.
Specially trained associates follow individual care plans and implement them professionally, thoughtfully, and caringly.
The 24-room accommodations were created on a residential scale and purposely limited to a small group setting. There are six private and nine semi-private rooms, each with private bathrooms. Residents are encouraged to bring familiar furniture and decorations with them.
The country kitchen fosters participation in the friendly home activities of preparing and sharing meals. The cozy living room gives family and friends a pleasant place to visit with their loved ones.
Two colorful, secured perimeter gardens invite residents to rest, wander and enjoy the temperate climate. They can walk among flowers, grassy spaces, and sheltered nooks. All areas are closely monitored.
Learn More About Daily Life at Hillcrest
From everyday activities to specific events for significant holidays, our staff provides daily continuity and familiarity for the residents.
A journey with Alzheimer’s or dementia is not one to go on alone. We honor life experiences with love and reassurance by walking down this road together.
Services Included In The Comprehensive Monthly Fee:
- 24-Hour-A-Day Care Staff
- All Utilities (Except Telephone)
- Between-Meal Snacks
- Enhanced Cable Television
- Physical & Cognitive Observation
- Bathing, Hygiene & Dressing Assistance
- Medication Management
- Scheduled Supervised Activities
- Weekly Bed & Bath Linen Service
- Transportation Arrangements For Medical, Dental & Podiatry Appointments
- Beauty Salon & Barber Shop (Available For An Additional Fee)
- 24-Hour Security & Emergency Response
- Three Nutritionally Balanced Daily Meals
- Daily Housekeeping & Maintenance