The Information You Need
Hillcrest is dedicated to keeping residents and seniors in California informed with the latest information relevant to their lives. Family members may use this guide to discover more information on home care, assisted living facilities, and general health care information for those aged 65 and older.
Use this list of our team’s local and national resources to help you make informed decisions.
- Social Security Administration – Quick access to all things related to social security
- LeadingAge –A trusted voice for aging in America
- LeadingAge California – The state’s leading advocate for quality, not-for-profit senior living and care
- AARP Interest group and advocate for older adults. One of the most popular agencies on aging.
- Life Reimagined – A guide for life’s transitions.
- Inter Valley Health Plan – Health and prescription library.
- Where You Live Matters – Research-based, thought-provoking resources to guide you from the American Senior Housing Association
- Care to Plan – This tool can help you find support if you are a caregiver for someone with memory loss.
- Alzheimer’s Association – Leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support, and research.
- Mesothelioma + Asbestos Awareness Center: Leading resource and advocacy center for helping mesothelioma patients and educating the public on preventing asbestos exposure.
- Seniors Against Investment Fraud – Educates Californians over the age of 50 about financial and investment fraud, common scams, and unscrupulous sales practices.
- Project Renewment – A trailblazing retirement model for the generation of women just now leaving the workforce by Helen Dennis and Bernice Bratter
- Pursuit of Happiness – Non-profit devoted to the scientific study of happiness with many resources, including a personal happiness assessment
- Affordable Housing – Website devoted to an exhaustive listing of affordable housing options throughout the United States with contact information
- California Department of Aging – Administers programs that serve older adults, adults with disabilities, family caregivers, and residents in long-term care facilities throughout the state.
Strategic Plan For An Aging California Population
California’s State Plan For
Dementia, Caregiving & Transportation
- University of La Verne
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center
- San Dimas Community Hospital
- Casa Colina Hospital and Centers for Healthcare
- Morrison Healthcare
- La Verne Church of the Brethren
- La Verne Community Center – La Verne’s Senior Center with classes, programs, and services of many sorts.
- La Verne Chamber of Commerce – Businesses working together to make La Verne a better place to live.
- City of La Verne – All things La Verne, including demographic information, the city’s history, services, etc.