As a non-profit Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), Hillcrest offers home styles, services, and health care that revolve around supporting you in your independence.
Do you want to retire where you’ll feel valued and respected and still be active and engaged in the world? Do you want to live in a senior living community that lets you age the way you want?
Welcome to a retirement community that offers all of those things and more. With high standards of living, resort-style amenities, and plenty of social opportunities, Hillcrest provides an elevated experience for retirees. Live with gratitude while preparing for tomorrow. We’re also a safe space for the LGBT+ community. California is one of the most gay-friendly states to retire in, and at Hillcrest you’ll be received with open arms.
Independent living is about having the freedom to be active physically and socially. Welcome to ideal living in a diverse and inclusive community.
This senior lifestyle option in Southern California bridges the gap between living in a house and needing assisted living. Age in place at a pace that’s right for you.
Assisted living is a retirement community that offers personal care for older adults who need a little bit of assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs).
Memory care or memory support is a type of senior living that gives 24-hour specialized care to adults with Alzheimer’s and other types of dementia.
Skilled Nursing Care
When life changes happen suddenly, Woods Health Services serves Hillcrest residents with exceptional nursing and respite care. The on-site skilled nursing facility means recovery in a familiar environment.
1947: Planting The Roots Of Hillcrest
La Verne residents partnered with the Church of the Brethren to create a retirement home for the community. With six-and-a-half acres and a little good fortune, Hillcrest provided La Verne’s seniors with ten cottages, a chapel, and a manor.
Over the years, Hillcrest has evolved to grow and accommodate the senior care needs of a rising population.
The property now spans more than 50 acres and has undergone numerous upgrades, refurbishments, and additions.
The community now includes The Village Center, a state-of-the-art Aquatic and Fitness Center, the Dean Kieffaber Interfaith Chapel with its beautiful hand-carved oak doors, and new residential homes in Pinecrest, Birch Court, Maple Court, and the Village Suites. Hillcrest has just added 14 two-bedroom, two-bath, and two-car garage homes called the Hawthorne Homes.
Hillcrest maintains top-rated healthcare facilities to offer services that fit the needs of each individual resident.
To serve and enrich the lives of older persons.
This Is Accomplished by:
- Recognizing the highest standards in senior services and continually integrating them into the community setting
- Delivering resident-oriented, high-quality care and services with excellent outcomes, cost-effectively
- Fostering a collaborative environment of care among older persons, their families, associates, and community business partners
- Employing competent, dedicated associates and providing state-of-the-art equipment and facilities
- Serving as a community resource for senior services
Our Vision Statement:
To be the Premier Destination for Vibrant Community Living
Our Associate Commitment Statement:
Remarkable Every Day!
We accomplish our vision through:
- Striving to improve the life and health of older persons
- Delivering services and programs in a customer-focused manner that is both economically efficient and operationally effective
- Integrating services across all levels of care and delivery sites with physicians, businesses, government, community agencies, and other organizations
- Assuring that our facilities and equipment will support the attainment of quality outcomes
Developing associate programs to be the employer of choice in Southern California senior services
Hillcrest’s core values establish a high standard of living. These ethics set the tone that supports the human relationships of this community. Our merit guides us to fulfill the mission.
Hillcrest welcomes CCRC residents, associates, and visitors without regard to race, ethnic identity, national origin, color, faith tradition (or absence thereof), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political beliefs, age*, disability, or ancestry. We’re an LGBT-friendly retirement community.
*Age is a consideration in determining eligibility for residency.
We accomplish our values through: