Hillcrest operates on the principle that wellness involves a multidisciplinary approach considering every dimension of a person's life. Residents strive to remain vibrant, contributing members of family and society, to find meaning in life, to share wisdom, and to participate in the lives of family and friends. Residents have access to the appropriate tools to maximize individual potential, vitality and wellness by:
- creating and maintaining positive social relationships
- enhancing interactions in a caring community
- promoting physical health, including exercise, nutrition, and preventive health components
- encouraging and expecting active involvement of all residents in their care and well-being
- providing opportunities for continuing intellectual growth
- maintaining an environment in which it is natural that emotional and spiritual issues will be addressed
Healthy living is an individual responsibility, and attitude is as important as exercise. Hillcrest, as an organization, is committed to an integrative wellness approach. This approach provides the physical space and equipment to support residents along with the program and resources to achieve a true sense of wellness. At Hillcrest, this includes the Aquatic and Fitness center, Resident Services Center, Village Center, Chapel, events and activities, therapy in Woods Health Services, dining, and involvement outside of Hillcrest.